Category Archives: Fields

Upper and Lower America – fields at Phipps Bridge

Among the properties at Phipps Bridge acquired by Gilliat Hatfeild in 1870, were fields with the names Upper America or the Shoulder of Mutton field ( 5 acres, 2 rods, 16 square perches) and Lower America ( 9 acres, 1 rod, 20 square perches).

Source: Surrey History Centre, reference K85/4/158-159.

Advertisements