Locally listed December 2015 by Merton Council.
Unveiled on Sunday 21st November, 1920. The service was attended by 5,000 people.
Source: Mitcham & Tooting Mercury, 26th November, 1920.
Stone cross on plinth and five-stepped octagonal base. Plinth bears inscription and names in relief lettering. Additional plinth bears inscription for WW2. Bronze sword placed on each corner of the plinth.
Source : Imperial War Museums Memorials
© IWM (WMR-12194)
Note that no dimensions are given on the IWM website.
A rough measurement of the height of the memorial was made, using an inclinometer app, and found to be approximately 19 feet. The railings around the memorial are 47 inches high.