Locally listed by Merton Council, who notes:
This is a substantial two storey detached house, which dates from before 1841. The Historic Buildings Assessment carried out for the site of 7-13 Church Rd (Compass Archaeology – July 2003) indicates the original construction date for 13 Church Rd as being in the period 1810-1819, with a large mid 19th century rear extension (1847-67) that was used as a stables and probably as a carriage shed. The materials used include stucco, with a slate roof. The main features of interest include the classically inspired portico at the side, the 12 pane timber sash windows on the first floor level, and the double pile gabled roof. The portico is thought to have been erected in the mid 19th century, possibly re using materials from an original porch relocated from another position in the building (Compass Archaeology – July 2003). The design of the building does not relate to that of other buildings in the vicinity. The two large ground floor bay windows appear to be later additions (thought to be between 1847 and 1867 – Compass Archaeology – July 2003).