Single storey factory on east side of Church Road on north side of corner with Hawthorn Avenue.
From comments on the Mitcham History Group on Facebook, it was originally part of a paint and varnish factory and later was occupied by Ashbourne Surgical during the 1980s, Adroit engineering, Catlin engineering, joiners and printers.
Planning permission 16/P2971 submitted 31st August 2016 to demolish it and build a block of flats.
On this 1952 OS map, the building is shown as Scientific Instrument Works.
Maps are reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.