Road in Lonesome part of Mitcham, just south of boundary with Streatham.
In December 1899, Fortescue & co. had plans approved to build four houses in Marian road.
Nearby the incandescent gas mantle factory of Robin Ltd. was a large employer during World War 1, when imports from Germany ceased.
From the 1930 Commercial Directory
Edmund W. Baker, shopkeeper, 24 Marian rd
William Charsley, coal & coke dealer, 1 Marian rd., telephone 1479
Mrs. Emily Dunbar, dairy, 8 Marian rd
George Grice, greengrocer, 68 Marian rd
John Hall, boot repairer, 37a Marian rd
Harry Marchant, grocer, 75 Marian rd
Maps are reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.