Demolished in mid 1970s to make way for the ‘Quadrant’ housing estate, Sadlers Close. The road was off the Western Road and connected to the end of Sibthorpe Road. At the corner of Fountain Road and Western Road was the Fountain pub.
Included Trotts Yard.
Occupants from the 1891 directory:
From Merton Lane to Sibthorpe Road
Walter Lancaster, contractor
Mrs. C. Howe, wood dealer
Chas. Stevens, wardrobe dealer
Mrs. E. Ballard, shopkeeper
In the 1915 directory:
From Western Road to Sibthorp Road
23, Mrs. Mary Prestridge, shopkeeper
14, Mrs. A. Ellis, shopkeeper
36, James Elliott, marine store keeper
52, Mrs. Eliza Ballard, shopkeeper
Merton Memories has a photo of around 1962.
World War 1 Connections
Maps are reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.