Victor George Pullen

Councillor for the West Ward for Mitcham Borough Council in 1938. He lived in Steers Mead.

News Articles

FAMILY TAKEN ILL: TWO CHILDREN DIE.

Diphtheria is suspected as the cause of the death of two little sisters who have died within a few hours of each other. In their home at Steers Mead, Mitcham, gaily decorated for the holiday, looking forward to their Christmas fare which they were unable to touch, the daughters of Mr. Victor George Pullen, a Mitcham councillor, were taken suddenly ill. Vera Ivy May, aged five, died at home on Sunday night. Elsie, aged nine, was taken to hospital, Monday, and died there.

Source: Shepton Mallet Journal – Friday 01 January 1937 from the British Newspaper Archive (subscription required)

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s