Road off east side of Streatham Road, possibly built in 1903, see council minutes below.
The 1925 street directory showed the North Mitcham Accumulator Charging Station on the north side of the road at the junction with Streatham Road, followed by odd numbers 1 to 123, and on the south side even numbers 2 to 118.
From the minutes of the
Croydon Rural District Council
Roads and Buildings Committee
Volume VIII 1902 – 1903
18th December 1902
2. Deposited Plans. – The Buildings Sub-Committee reported that they had carefully examined al the plans of new streets and buildings deposited since the last meeting, and on their recommendation, it was Resolved:-
(a) That the undermentioned be approved:
No. 2312, Keen & Co., houses, Caithness Road, Mitcham
World War 1 Connections
Private Albert Edward Aldred
Maps are reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.
Minutes of meetings held by the Croydon Rural District Council are available on request from the Merton Heritage and Local Studies Centre at Morden Library.