Messrs. Aspinall’s Enamel. Ltd., the pioneers of enamel paint making, have found it necessary to increase their productive capacity, and with that view have purchased an old-established vanish-works, in the Bath Road. Mitcham, where they hope to be able to deal more effectively with the increasing demand for their well-known enamel, varnishes, and other specialities. They are retaining their works and offices at New Cross as their headquarters for business communications.
Source: Illustrated London News – Saturday 16 May 1914 from the British Newspaper Archive (subscription required)
Listed in the 1916 phone book as having two numbers in New Cross and one at Bath Road, Mitcham