Grade II Listed Building on Historic England :
House, originally detached. Late C18. Weatherboarded. Slate hipped roof to eaves. 2 storeys, 2 bays. C19 shopfront to ground floor, plate glass. Square headed windows to upper floor, late C20 casements.
Deeds dated 22nd December, 1949, mention Robert Chart as part owner with A.C. Jenner and Albert Crisp as lessee. On 2nd August 1956, Alfred Crisp bought the freehold.
From Merton Memories:
Originally John R. Chart’s shop for the sale of corn and seed. It dates from early 1800. One of the few part weather boarded buildings left it was acquired by Alfred Crisp & Son In 1932 for their boot and shoe repairs business. They remained until 1990 it was then converted to a private home in 1991.
Black and white Photos
Maps are reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.